Jabal Shams is a rite of passage if you are a hiker living in the UAE or Oman! To say you have braved the full W4 is a noteworthy accomplishment! It's an amazing hike and a rite of passage if you are new to the trekking world of Oman. But it's a big commitment.
Leaving by 3 pm on Thursday is essential. Most people find that it will take 7 hours no matter what your google map shows. Border crossings can add an hour or more sometimes.
Saturday will also include a half day of hiking on the Hamra path, on the nearby mountain. Most people, though very tired on Friday night, wake up on Saturday and are ready to do the abseil, which is not strenuous, just exciting.
• Get an early nights sleep
• Early Breakfast 430 AM
• Option 1: The summit group will start to hike at 4:45 am with headlamps. Summit can be as long as 12 hours, but you can always turn around if you need to prior to that.
• Friday packed lunch - you will select your own lunch upon arrival on Thursday night. Snacks, water, electrolytes (1 pack per person, 3 liters per person)
• Option 2: You will start the hike at 1750 m. You must reach 2900m within 4 hours if you would like to join the summit group. Otherwise, you will turn around at 12:00 after a good long rest and lunch at the campsite.
• BBQ dinner; There are also plenty of vegetarian and gluten free options.
Families are welcome, they can stay behind and enjoy the cool weather at altitude and swim and do the balcony hike.
Self Drive Option (Leaving at 3PM highly recommended): 900 DH
Carpools organised via whats app.
Transport from the border 300DH Round Trip. You must commit to the paid transport option at the time of booking and there is no refund for your journey.
• Accommodation for two nights on twin sharing basis
• All meals
• Pool access all day
• Experienced and certified guides
• Group safety gear, communication tools, satellite phone ICE
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .